Octapharma factor therapies replace the missing coagulation factor in patients with bleeding disorders to effectively control bleeding. Hemophilia A and von Willebrand disease patients alike take confidence in our disease-targeted medications, our production expertise with the highest standards for purity, and our years of commitment to improving the lives of those in the bleeding disorders community.
NUWIQ: A NATURAL CHOICE
NUWIQ is a recombinant Factor VIII (rFVIII) and is indicated for adults and children with hemophilia A for on-demand treatment and control of bleeding episodes, management of bleeding related to surgery, and routine prophylaxis to reduce the frequency of bleeding episodes.
NUWIQ is produced using human, rather than hamster, cells. In fact, no animal or human proteins are added during the manufacturing of NUWIQ.1,2
*The formation of neutralizing antibodies (inhibitors) to Factor VIII can occur following the administration of NUWIQ.
†In the NuProtect study, 105 PUPs were treated with NUWIQ for prophylaxis or on-demand treatment and were followed for 100 exposure days or 5 years. 17 (16.2%) developed high-titer inhibitors and 11 (10.5%) developed low-titer inhibitors, 5 of whom had transient inhibitors.
NUWIQ is not indicated for the treatment of von Willebrand disease.
wilate: THE POWER OF BALANCE
wilate is a von Willebrand Factor (VWF) / Factor VIII (FVIII) complex developed specifically for the treatment of von Willebrand disease. It is indicated for children and adults with VWD for on-demand treatment and control of bleeding episodes and for management of bleeding related to surgery.
*Based on the Recommended Dosing Guide for wilate. See Dosage and Administration, section 2.1 of full Prescribing Information.
wilate is also indicated in adolescents and adults with hemophilia A for routine prophylaxis to reduce the frequency of bleeding episodes and for on-demand treatment and control of bleeding episodes
1. Sandberg H. et al., ‘Functional characteristics of the novel, human-derived recombinant FVIII protein product, human-cl rhFVIII’,Thrombosis Research, 2012, pp.808-817.
2. Casademunt E. et al., ‘The first recombinant human coagulation factor VIII of human origin: human cell line and manufacturing characteristics’, European Journal of Haematolgy, 2012, pp.165-176.
3. NUWIQ Full Prescribing Information. Paramus, NJ: Octapharma; rev 2020.
4. Liesner, R., and E. Neufeld, ‘Inhibitor Development with Simoctocog Alfa in Previously Untreated Patients with Severe Haemophilia a: Final Results of the Nuprotect Study’, Blood, 2019, https://doi.org/10.1182/blood-2019-125520, (accessed 14 October 2020)
5. Lissitchkov T. et al., ‘PK-guided personalized prophylaxis with Nuwiq® (human-cl rhFVIII) in adults with severe haemophilia A’, Haemophilia, 2017, pp. 697-704.
6. wilate Full Prescribing Information. Paramus, NJ: Octapharma; rev 2019.
7. Stadler M. et al., ‘Characterisation of a novel high-purity, double virus inactivated von Willebrand Factor and Factor VIII concentrate (Wilate®)’, Biologicals, 2006.
8. Berntorp E. et al., ‘Treatment and prevention of acute bleedings in von Willebrand disease – efficacy and safety of Wilate®, a new generation von Willebrand factor/factor VIII concentrate’, Haemophilia, 2009, p. 123.
9. Srivastava A. et al., ‘Efficacy and safety of a VWF/FVIII concentrate (wilate®) in inherited von Willebrand disease patients undergoing surgical procedures’, Haemophilia. 2017, p. 268